Post # 988
Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward.
in 2011, I made a decision to embark on a new venture for sharing my “Thought” with others. Internet Radio! Now let me first say that, while today, I no longer have the same fear of public speaking that paralyzed me back then. However, I am also an almost 60-year-old woman, who did not have the benefit of growing up in the age of computers and the internet. So when I say that it would probably be easier for me to build a rocket ship than it was to make headway in the quagmire and quicksand that is WMV and WAV files and installing programs and equipment for converting my aged computer, transforming it at a cost of $100 into a $250,000 piece of electronic equipment that might be found in a radio station, I am not exaggerating! And it was this frustration that prompted the next throwback “Thought” I am sharing today!
Yes, this is another of my earlier writings that perhaps only skirted some absolute teachings of faith. And yet, when looking globally at the concept I described, I defy any of you to deny walking in the same moccasins that I did back then. You see, frustrations liberally pepper our lives in this, the 21st century, whether you are a king, a pauper or the Pope!
Thought For The Day 11/30/11
OK, I’m working on an advertisement which I would love to post in every newspaper from here to San Diego and wanted to give you all first crack at editorial review:
- Faith based ministry seeks person with media technology skills willing to work any and all hours (since minister is hormonally challenged woman of middle age who sleeps poorly) to assist and teach said insomniac the finer points of radio broadcast to include, but not limited to conversion of WMV files to WAV files, taping and editing broadcasts and setting up of music files to be run during live and/or taped radio program. Salary to consist of the undying gratitude of said minister and the willingness of said minister to petition God to watch over and keep safe the prospective employee and his/her family. Interested parties should email resume’ and employment history to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate date available to begin!
I fully expect to have my in box positively packed by the inquiries of interested parties, don’t you think? (Age not a factor….would be willing to accept the services of the baby from that investment commercial who has his iPad in his crib!)
OK, I feel better. Sometimes it’s simply a matter of getting whatever that’s bothering you off your chest and out into the open that is all that’s needed to gain some perspective. I know you all have experienced just this exact same degree of frustration in your lives as well.
Now we all know that being frustrated is seldom a matter of anger but more a feeling of helplessness. And there are few out there that would admit to liking the feeling of emotional impotency that seems to keep itself firmly attached to the back of frustration, like some parasite!
So just how do we stop these feelings of frustration? How about just 5 little steps!
- Decide the day before the things you need to try to accomplish tomorrow. Somehow planning things helps give us the control we sometimes need to keep things in perspective.
- Begin your day with a prayer or meditation. Sometimes admitting to God that you need some help makes the way you need to walk suddenly clearer.
- Keep focused on the goals you have set. Only an emergency warrants altering your plans. The rest generally won’t be impacted negatively by waiting just one more day.
- Acknowledge and be thankful for all the things that you have accomplished….even the small things!
- Never say never and DON’T QUIT! Just like the tortoise who won the race against the hare, so can we all win our own races against the things that frustrate us!
“I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
John 16:33 ESV
Copyright © 2011-2013 “MandysPath” Ministry