Happy New Year….
Happy New Beginnings!
The Old Year has gone. Let the dead past bury its own dead. The New Year has taken possession of the clock of time. All hail the duties and possibilities of the coming twelve months!
Edward Payson Powell
I was thinking about many of the things I’ve posted over the last year and I realized how many of them speak of not just new possibilities but new beginnings as well. And isn’t that what the New Year is all about when you think about it? For when else are we gifted with an opportunity of re-writing something about ourselves….a trait or habit we were not happy with? Now I know that we often fail to keep the resolutions we make every New Year, but I wonder if the goal we choose to set is not a manageable one! Or perhaps we are trying to choose too many things to create this personal transformation! Either way, I began looking up some things we might be able to try, to re-write the person we are. Some are easy, others more difficult. But all are given as “food for thought” on this brand new day of a brand new year!
1. Really look at your strengths and weaknesses and challenge your beliefs about what you can and can’t do.
2. Think about how you want things to work and dare to challenge the status quo in your life.
3. Plan for your journey to change. Keep a journal, make a video, or even start to write a blog!
4. All challenges are an opportunity to change and improve. Do not choose to stay a victim!
5. Rid yourself of your excess baggage. When you let go you make room for the new!
6. Commit to something and follow through. Even if it’s something small. Just be faithful and take it one day at a time!
7. Change your attitude. Positive thoughts create positive results!
8. Transform that something you don’t want to something you do want. Stop complaining and start acting!
9. Look at why you persist in those bad habits that plague you. Improve those, improve you!
10. Forgive someone if you’ve been holding a grudge. Holding a grudge only punishes you!
11. Walk around your community or your job and look as you walk. You never know what will catch your eye or inspire you!
12. Talk to someone while waiting in line. Today’s stranger is tomorrow’s friend!
13. Smile and make eye contact with those around you. You will be surprised just how good you will feel and how much your smile will do for someone else!
14. Learn something new or try something new. Read that book you got as a gift and filed away on the book shelf!
15. Challenge yourself to do something that frightens you. Go to a town meeting and speak up or go for an evening of karaoke!
16. Volunteer at your local animal shelter, library, become a mentor. Anything! Leave your community a better place to live!
18. Extend the hand of friendship and offer to help someone else.
19. Carpool to work or try mass transit, if it is available. You will not only help the environment but you will also have the chance to collaborate and network!
20. Compliment a stranger on something you notice. Everyone likes to be appreciated, and it’s a great way to start a conversation.
21. Capture the moment by grabbing that camera phone, taking a picture, and then sharing your vision with your friends!
22. Do not be afraid to do something alone. If you like the park or museum and your partner doesn’t, go anyway!
23. Wear something interesting like a funny or nostalgic T-shirt. It is a guaranteed conversation catalyst!
24. Surprise your spouse by bringing lunch to his office or perhaps you can make a favorite and bring lunch for your co-workers or organize a potluck dinner with friends!
25. Introduce a friend on your social media network to someone they don’t know and encourage them to do the same. You might just be the catalyst for sparking new friendships that might last a lifetime!
Happy New Year to all my family and friends….whether you are across the street or across the world. Each of you gives me so much more than your love and friendship. Each of you gives me YOU, each and every day, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for that very special gift! May 2014 bring much joy and happiness to you and your families!
Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:13-14 NIV
Copyright © 2011-2013 “MandysPath” Ministry